[uf-discuss] re: HTML5 support

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Mon Jul 12 13:13:25 PDT 2010

  On 12/07/2010 17:31, Tantek Celik wrote:
> If you can verify the changes made in microdata are consistent with hCard etc (rather than a fork), and cite the specific changes, then it makes sense to make updates.

It may be relevant to note that microdata is no longer part of the HTML5
core [1] .
microdata does however exist as a separate specification [2] but is just
"attributes" and as far as I know, microdata vCard and vEvent no longer
exists as part of the microdata specification do they?.
I wouldnt really be surprised to see microdata disappear all
together(but that's just my thought)

Best wishes

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/microdata/