[uf-discuss] Org HCard with special phone number

Paul Wilkins paul.m.wilkins at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 14:20:07 PST 2010

On 11 March 2010 10:33, Sean Edison-Albright <sedison-albright at mcic.org> wrote:

> I'm coding up an hcard for my organization, and would like to list two phone numbers: one for general contact and one for help desk requests.  It seems like both of these would be tel of type work, so that wouldn't distinguish them... is there a preferred way of indicating/labeling which is which?

I believe that there is a label that can be applied for each phone number.

http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-issues-resolved has an entry
starting with "RFC2426 allows TYPE for LABEL" which covers the need to
update the hCard specification so that they are formally used in the
same manner in which they are used in the vCard specification.
--
Paul Wilkins