[uf-discuss] Help with proper method for incorporating/extending hRecipe

Dave Corboy dave.corboy at ziplist.com
Wed Mar 17 12:37:21 PST 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 11:28, Stephen Paul Weber <singpolyma at
singpolyma.net > wrote:
> If there exists a vocabulary for your data, use it. Otherwise, you
> can add new terms... you should basically never invent something
> completely new and incompatible.

Excellent. I very much appreciate the willingness of this community to
provide guidance. This note suggests that it is appropriate to simply
add properties to an existing microformat if they do not exist
already. I could find very little information on extending
microformats so I have been reluctant to do this without better
guidance.

Given this response I will proceed forward with adding our own
extensions to hRecipe and continue to monitor this board in case there
are additional comments.

Best,
Dave Corboy