[uf-discuss] Help with proper method for incorporating/extending hRecipe

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Wed Mar 17 14:21:29 PST 2010

On 17 Mar 2010, at 14:50, thomas lörtsch wrote:

> can you document your additions on the wiki, maybe on the recipe-brainstorming page? Should be interesting to follow your process.

Seconded. recipe-brainstorming is absolutely the correct place for this. Thanks!

> B.t.w.: POSH turned out to not be the right way to go?

I think that this form of ‘extension’—where you use hRecipe as far as it will take you and mark up additional common elements with your own classnames *is* POSH.

Documenting these new classnames and use cases for future recipe iterations is the best thing to do. The additional point I would make to Dave is to please try and document this work openly, as you go along (on the aforementioned -brainstorm wiki). That way you'll be benefit from Microformats process in your own work, and where desirable hRecipe additions do emerge, they'll can be drafted in tandem with your work and hopefully ease future compatibility between our work.

Thanks, and good luck,

Ben