[uf-discuss] Why "vevent" and not Event?

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 06:54:37 PST 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Andriy Drozdyuk <drozzy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can somebody explain to me the names "vcalendar" and "vevent" were
> chosen, as opposed to just "calendar" and "event"?
> Along with some other confusing short names for other properties.
>
> Is there some reason for this?

--- it mainly comes from the original formats that they are connected
to. The vCalendar standard uses vcalendar, vevent, vcard and other
values. These values are also unique and avoid confusion with possible
meanings and uses.

The wiki does have some additional information about the topic

http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-faq#Why_are_the_root_class_names_vcalendar_and_vevent

-brian

--
brian suda