[uf-discuss] hCard and Internet Retailers (Shopping Contact Information)

Toby Inkster mail at tobyinkster.co.uk
Mon Oct 18 02:39:23 PDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-10-17 at 18:19 +0100, Junaid Nazir wrote:
> We are actively working with the product catalogues of some 500
> internet retailers through our shopping search engine database at
> http://www.superstoresearch.com and we have access to thousands of
> more contacts in the shopping and retail industry - if we have some
> agreed and suitable standards for the various types of contact
> information, we could reach out to the internet retailers and put
> forward the suggestion that they adopt such standards and implement
> them on their e-commerce sites.

Have you looked at GoodRelations? It's an RDF-based method of marking up
businesses (including stores/branches/offices), opening hours, products,
services and offers. Via RDFa it can be embedded in HTML.

GoodRelations is apparently being consumed by Yahoo and Google; and is
being published by O'Reilly (the book publishers) and BestBuy (an
electronics retailer) amongst others.

http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/goodrelations/

--
Toby A Inkster