[uf-discuss] Semantic naming of HTML document layout elements

David Mead davidjohnmead at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 20:47:33 PST 2011

Hi Robin,
> but I don't know of any way to> achieve a centralised and squeezed layout without a container element.
I think what Stephen was saying is that the "container" div isn't
needed because your container can either be the html or the body
element, depending on which flavor of doctype you're using.
Both of these can be styled using CSS, so you could use either of
these to squeeze your content.
Though I don't want to put words into his mouth.
Dave