[uf-discuss] hAudio and HTML5 audio element

Mathias Panzenböck grosser.meister.morti at gmx.net
Mon Feb 13 07:42:39 PST 2012

Hi.

I'm new here and hope to have done everything like it is meant to be. I've added a new issue to the
hAudio issues:
http://microformats.org/wiki/haudio-issues#D10:_2012-02-13__hAudio_sample_and_enclosure_should_support_HTML5_audio

What do you think? I think it would make sense to add the option to write the sample/enclosure as
audio element with a special class instead of a link with a special rel attribute.

Another thing I noticed, but for which I haven't written an issue (yet) is the "position":
http://microformats.org/wiki/haudio#Position

The spec says it describes the position of the hAudio item in a list. "Examples of hAudio lists can
include album track listings, music top 10 lists, playlists, and podcast chapters." So it is
ambiguous to what position it actually describes. I want to generate playlists in which I add to
each hAudio item *not* the position it has in the playlist (this I want to be inferred from the
position in the HTML file), but explicitly the position the song has in its associated album.

How would I do that? If it's not possible with the current schema I would propose a new element
"trackNum" taken from XSPF:
http://www.xspf.org/orig-xspf-v1.html#rfc.section.4.1.1.2.14.1.1.1.9

Also I'd like to be able to put several playlists into a single HTML file and give each playlist a
name. Maybe something like this?:

   <h2 class="fn">Some Songs from Magnatune.com</h2>

   <ol>
     <li class="haudio">
         src="http://he3.magnatune.com/all/09-As%20The%20Crow%20Flies-Timothy%20Vajda.mp3"/></li>

     <li class="haudio">
         src="http://he3.magnatune.com/all/02-Downstream-Shira%20Kammen.mp3"/></li>

     <li class="haudio">
         src="http://he3.magnatune.com/all/01-Maenam-Jami%20Sieber.mp3"/></li>
   </ol>

So what do you think? I'd use it in the HTML export feature in this experiment of mine:
http://tinyurl.com/magnatune-player/

	-panzi