[uf-discuss] Quick formatting question

Micky Hulse mickyhulse.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 12:15:23 PDT 2012

Hi Martin! Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it.

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Martin Leese
<martin.leese at stanfordalumni.org> wrote:
> These would be valid XHTML but invalid HTML.
> When he is done, Micky should pass the code
> through a validator; see:
> http://validator.w3.org/

Great idea. In this case, I forgot to mention that I am using an HTML5
document, so I'll be sure to run it through:

<http://html5.validator.nu/>

>> Also, the whole
>> thing being an <h6> seems kind of weird, though that is context-dependant.

Yah, I agree. I have since changed the code to have the <h6> wrapping
the first/last names.

> The use of <h6> implies that the page has
> previously used <h1> through to <h5>.
> Skipping header levels would be considered
> bad practice.

Good points! I'm just in the demo/testing phase, so I have not had a
chance to add any other markup to the document that would justify the
use of an <h6> at this level. Thanks for pointing out this logic
error. :D

Have an awesome day!

Cheers,
Micky