[uf-new] Microformat for Music Downloads

Alexandre Van de Sande alexandrevandesande at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 12:52:48 PDT 2007

>publishing music with the intent that it be
downloaded to a local audio player is just as much syndication as
publishing text with the intent that it be downloaded to a local feed

I agree with you: and the information formatted on hAtom should
concern the syndication: title, date released, type of content,
author. But any extra information that's specific to the format being
syndicated (composer,  album, drum player) should be formatted into a
format-specific for it.

If we were syndicating places to be read by some kind of google earth
plugin for exemple, no one would argue that the best way to do it
would use a hGeo inside an hAtom, not to expand the hAtom in order to
pass Geographical locations. Therefore if I am building a music-player
+ feed-reader that relies on hAtom we should use a microformat for
music.