[uf-new] collection-design-pattern proposal

Chris Griego cgriego at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 10:28:01 PDT 2007

On 4/23/07, Manu Sporny <msporny at digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
> Proposed below is a much simpler method for specifying collections. It
> uses the "id" attribute in the div/span elements.

I would have to strongly discourage using the ID attribute. One of the
principles of microformats is to be easy to implement in existing
content. This works well with the class, rel, and rev attributes since
these can handle multiple values. ID cannot, to implement this
collection format, people may need to modify the IDs they are already
using and, as far as HTML goes, update their CSS and JavaScript as
well.

--
Chris Griego