[uf-new] collection-design-pattern proposal

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 16:22:31 PDT 2007

PS.

> On 25/04/07, Manu Sporny <msporny at digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> > When I said structured - I was talking about a strict hierarchical
> > representation. The XML and HTML text formats have a strict hierarchical
> > representation. They are deterministic data structures. They are lists.
> >
> > When I said unstructured - I was talking about a loosely coupled
> > association. An example of this is the concept of a Set in mathematics.
> > These are collections.

It just occurred to me that the cleanest way of doing this would be
simply to use the HTML class attribute directly, the spec seems to
comfortably cover class as Set. The only drawback here is that there
isn't much in the way of conventions for talking about the named Set
(though such conventions are possible through meta data profiles).

Cheers,
Danny.

--

http://dannyayers.com