[uf-new] hAudio ISSUE #1: image-summary is redundant

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 09:27:21 PDT 2007

On 8/8/07, Manu Sporny <msporny at digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
> So far, there are 3 votes for PHOTO (Brian, myself, and I'm counting you
> Scott, as you didn't seem opposed to the idea of PHOTO), 1 opposed. It
> would help if others would weight in on this so we can put the issue to
> rest.

--- firstly, the original message was sent 2 days ago. The fact that
others have not given their opinion on this topic probably has to do
with a few factors.
1) 2 days from the original message till now is not enough time for
readers to weed through the volume of emails and do the background
reading needed.
2) people don't have an opinion
3) people simply don't care and an audio media format is not a
interest to them. This could be why there are so many OTHER formats
that haven't been worked in months. Someone brought-up the idea. It
was floated around, never gained traction and it was filed away until
it could be used later.

At this time, the discussion on this topic has been conducted by a
small sub-set of the community. This is certainly not the best way to
gather input or opinions - we have 100% support to use PHOTO, based on
2 people´s yes's and and an assumed yes. Does anyone else think that
is anemic at best? (i doubt i'll even get much or a response)

maybe it is time to take a breath and let people digest some of the
issues, ideas, uses, mark-up and all the background reading for
awhile. Otherwise it will be the same 3-4 people talking to each other
about other issues and we won't really go anywhere.

-brian

--
brian suda
http://suda.co.uk