[uf-new] hAlbum concerns

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Thu Aug 30 08:22:53 PDT 2007

On Thu, August 30, 2007 15:57, Justin Maxwell wrote:

> I would recommend Discogs as a massive source of useful examples:
>
> http://discogs.com

Impressive, thanks.

> If there is any way I can help expedite or assist your process, or
> perhaps join the contributors roster, please let me know.

For the latter, just add your name to the list on the relevant wiki page.

> I've been using class="identifier" for the catalog number

Which is your site?

> and class="position" for the track number.

What do you do for the tracks on the second or subsequent disc of a
multi-disc set?

>> We should also be careful to distinguish /types/ of identifier
>> (catalogue number, UID, ISBN, Amazon-ASIN, etc.)
>
> Since those other than catalogue number are proprietary
> identification methods, i.e., identifers for external systems, the role of
> "identifier" should go to the primary source, the record
> label or publisher.

ISBN is not "proprietary", neither are "International Standard Music Number:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Standard_Music_Number>

and the other, related identifiers listed at the foot of that page.

Perhaps we need type/ value pairs for them?

--
Andy Mabbett
** via webmail **