[uf-new] hCalendar: opening hours

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Mon Dec 17 15:49:32 PST 2007

On Dec 17, 2007, at 4:20 PM, Klaus Mueller wrote:

> I want to describe opening hours of business, bars, doctores etc. I
> think I should solve this problem with hCalendar. But I think
> "summary"
> and "description" should be defined. And  I got no really good  idea
> how
> to describe repeating dates?

Recurring events are largely uncharted territory in hCalendar, but it
has been discussed.  See, for example:

http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-brainstorming#Recurring_Events
http://www.xfront.com/microformats/hCalendar_part2.html

Summary is required, but could be as simple as "open."  Description is
not required.  I'd encourage you to post the actual HTML you're
working with to the -discuss list and see what everyone thinks would
be the best way to do it in hCalendar.  This list, and starting a new
microformat, should only be a last resort if hCalendar doesn't work.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com