[uf-new] Stock microformat - status?

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Tue Feb 13 17:55:57 PST 2007

On Feb 13, 2007, at 11:47 AM, Ansel Halliburton wrote:

> Hello!

Hi!

> I came across an earlier discussion of a future stock microformat,
> and am interested in helping out.  I would like to use such a
> microformat on a forthcoming project here at Stanford, and some
> other folks here might be interested too.  Has any more work gone
> into this since the two links below were posted?  I contacted the
> two people listed on the wiki page directly, but haven't had any
> response, so I fear things may be in limbo.
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/stock-symbol-examples
> http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2006-May/
> 004180.html

I think you're probably right that things are in limbo.  Part of the
problem might be that the problem statement is kind of vague.  What
exactly would you like to do with stock symbol data?  Are existing
microformats (e.g. rel-tag [1]) sufficient for your use cases?  If
so, we have no problem to solve.  If not, let's identify what we're
missing.

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/rel-tag

--
Scott Reynen