[uf-new] Mapping the hAudio Microformat to hAudio RDFa

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Sun Jul 8 14:30:12 PDT 2007

What is the process for mapping the hAudio Microformat to RDFa? The
reason that we need to do this is because the hAlbum/hVideo specs that
we've been researching internally have some nasty long-term design
issues due to the no-namespace/scope-less approach that uFs have adopted.

We'd like to make hAudio a standard across "semantic languages". We
don't want to go through the same arduous process that everybody had to
go through on here concerning hAudio with another community... it would
be a waste of everybody's time. The hard work (research, examples and
analysis) was accomplished via the Microformats process.

Implementing hAudio using the Microformats approach isn't going to work
for complicated/nested audio/video/image structures. We have a very
large database that we would like to semantic-ify and we would like to
do it in a standards-compliant way. How can we propose an RDFa standard
for hAudio that is scrutinized and adopted by this community?

In other words - Microformats did a good job with the design. We'd like
to give people the option to implement using either hAudio uF or hAudio
RDFa.