[uf-new] hAudio - audio-album and audio-podcast

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Tue Jun 5 18:29:26 PDT 2007

Colin Barrett wrote:
> On Jun 5, 2007, at 5:03 PM, Brian Suda wrote:
>> Another concern i have been having
>> about this prososal is that it is more about exposing existing company
>> Database Schemas, rather than what the average person is publishing.
>
> Mmm, perhaps you're right -- hProduct or hListing might be better to
> describe all of that information.

We lose semantic accuracy if we go the hProduct/hListing route... plus
there is no need to bloat those proposals with hAudio cruft that is
clearly not needed for most of the hProduct/hListing entries.

hAudio would fit nicely in the 'description' element of hProduct.

hAudio would also fit nicely in the 'summary' or 'description' element
in hListing.

We shouldn't shoe-horn haudio into other Microformats that have nothing
to do with audio recording markup.

> You know, you might want to look at the various ID3 tags, and map
> hablum/haudio off that, similar to what was done with vCard->hCard.
> Those are a pretty meaningful, widely used set of semantics that people
> use quite often, and are also already embedded in many audio files.

haudio is modeled after ID3, Ogg, MusicBrainz XML, XSPF, and M3U among
others:

http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-formats