[uf-new] XOXO + hAudio = Playlist problems

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Wed Jun 6 07:29:26 PDT 2007

Hmm, looks like the xoxo + haudio = playlist position that I've been
defending for playlists has a major problem.

Can somebody please verify or deny that the problem exists. If enough
people can verify that this is a problem I'm going to be dropping my
support for xoxo + haudio = playlist.

In fact, this is a general problem with xoxo for lists embedded in
tables. Many of the audio-info-examples use tables to list track
information.

When you load the following HTML in Firefox, the numbering for the list
gets screwed up. So much for simple playlist markup:

  <head>
    <title>XOXO for Playlists is bad...</title>
  </head>

       There seems to be quite a problem when using XOXO with
       tables. The numbering of playlist entries does not work as
       expected.

    <h1>XOXO Playlist embedded in a table</h1>

    <!-- This is marked up via XOXO in a table -->
    <ol class="xoxo">
    </ol>

    <h1>XOXO Playlist without being embedded in a table</h1>
    <!-- This is marked up via XOXO as well, but not in a table -->
    <ol class="xoxo">
       <li>Song A Download</li>
       <li>Song B Download</li>
       <li>Song C Download</li>