[uf-new] Reusing classes names in multiple formats

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Fri Jun 8 11:35:16 PDT 2007

Brian Suda wrote:
> On 6/8/07, Scott Reynen <scott at makedatamakesense.com> wrote:
>> This is the same problem with re-using any class name in multiple
>> microformats.  As mentioned earlier, if we re-use "summary" in haudio
>> (which I'm not arguing for nor against here), what if we want to
>> embed haudio inside hreview?
>
> SUMMARY is defined as:
> A short summary or subject for the object.

I think Scott's point is that we have the same problem using 'summary',
as we do with using 'title', as we do with using 'fn'.

> if you have
> media
>   hcard
>    title#1
>   title#2
>
> then title#1 will be used for the media, NOT title#2

Egad! I had no idea that is what the community meant by "no
namespace"... to programmers what you have described is a scope-less,
procedural language. Am I misunderstanding you? Do Microformats use a
scope-less design paradigm? Am I waaaaaay off here (I hope I am):

Variable Scoping
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_scoping

Therefore, the example you give above would boil down to these
assignment statements in a finite state machine (ie: the parser):

media.title = title#1
media.hcard.title = title#1

Is this what you are stating, Brian?