[uf-new] hAudio final draft

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Fri Jun 15 14:02:12 PDT 2007

On 6/15/07, Manu Sporny <msporny at digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
> The final submission of the hAudio draft is on the wiki:
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-proposal
>
> Changes:
>
> * Adopted 'audio-title' to specify the title of the recording
> * Fixed a typo concerning contributor class
> * Fixed all references from 'fn' to 'audio-title'
> * Updated mailing list discussion page
> * Added "Specification Development Statistics" section
>
> We have successfully integrated haudio with several of our client sites
> which will be going live in the next 2-3 weeks. We are also currently
> authoring the haudio Operator plugin (which should be compatible with
> Firefox 3 when it launches). We are also going to be working on
> Wordpress plugins to aid hAudio in becoming adopted more rapidly in the
> blogging community.
>
> As of this point, all major concerns have been addressed. Please review
> and send feedback to the list - if there is no feedback that changes the
> draft significantly, this will be the last proposed version for this
> round of the hAudio discussion.

(1)
Sorry to bring up this sore point, but why "audio-title" over "fn"? I
did see your feedback a couple of days ago about the concepts of
"audio-title" being different from "track-title", etc (I can't
remember the exact terms, but you get the point). However, it seems to
me that "fn" could be used to represent each of these _concepts_, as
the "fn" will be appropriately nested within identifying containers.

(2)
A little voice in my head says this is more general than audio...

Regards, etc...

--
David Janes
Founder, BlogMatrix