[uf-new] Microformats parsing, in general (was: hAudio final draft)

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Tue Jun 19 08:42:23 PDT 2007

On Jun 19, 2007, at 8:14 AM, David Janes wrote:

>> 1. Scope-less approach to parsing.
>> 2. Requirement to heavily re-use class names.
>
> This is why I've been picking at this like a scab for the last week. I
> don't think we've adopted #1 at all.

I'm publishing a website with events marked up in hCalendar.  Each
event has attendees, marked up in hCard.  The attendees have URLs,
but the event does not.  How do I limit the scope of an hCard URL to
the contact (and not the event)?  Here's a real world example of this
problem:

http://playinghere.com/2007/07/21/LA/New_Orleans/The_Parish/

As far as I can tell, the current answer is that I can't do that, and
it's not a big deal because the contact URL is somewhat relevant to
the event.  But as a publisher, I don't like that  I can neither
control nor predict how my events will be parsed.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com