[uf-new] Microformat for Music Downloads

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Wed Mar 14 01:17:14 PST 2007

In message <378A9FDC-E005-4E9B-8904-7F6850D5CD63 at makedatamakesense.com>,
Scott Reynen <scott at makedatamakesense.com> writes

>>>I'm not even convinced we need to worry about album in the   first
>>>draft.
>>
>> Have you collected any examples to inform this opinion?
>
>Which opinion?  Starting as simple as possible is a microformats
>principle, so I hope you're not questioning that.

By that argument, hCard might not have included anything other than name
and e-mail address.

"Adapt to current behaviors and usage patterns" is also a "microformats
principle. If there is evidence that many music upload sites list album
titles, why should that not be included as an optional field in the
relevant microformat?

--
Andy Mabbett
                  <http://www.pigsonthewing.org.uk/uFsig/>