[uf-new] feedback wanted on property listing microformat

Michael Biven michael.biven at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 04:09:20 PST 2007

On 3/20/07, Ryan King <ryan at technorati.com> wrote:

> Before proposing that we replace, replicate or extend hListing,
> please experiment with it on actual examples and provide feedback
> about its limitations. As of now, your objections are theoretical.

That you can count on. I have to disagree that my point is
theoretical, but instead it is practical. There is enough common
fields between each of the different types of real estate listings
that are not included with hListings, becasue it deals with a much
larger set of different types of unrelated  "things" to list.

> Microformats don't encode every possible bit of information, instead
> they focus on the most common and useful parts.

To me that sentence in itself explains pretty well why people dealing
with  real estate listings would benefit from having a separate
standard for them.

--
Michael Biven
michael.biven at gmail.com