[uf-new] First draft of hAudio proposal

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Tue May 1 11:45:08 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 17:37 +0000, Brian Suda wrote:
> On 5/1/07, Manu Sporny <msporny at digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
> > We need feedback on the hAudio Microformat proposal.
>

> hAudio (haudio)
>  - title. required. text.
>
> ---- title is already taken to mean something else, so TITLE is not an
> option. hCard uses TITLE for job-title. I would suggest FN instead.

Maybe audio-summary may be better?

> collaborator. optional. using hCard.
>
> --- collaborator might be changed to more of the Dublin core terms
> such as contributer

Contributor is much better

> release-date. optional. using datetime-design-pattern.
>
> --- is release-date different than 'published-date'?

some minor artists release their material (bootlegs and promos for
example musicians that release their own home brewed music on blogs etc)
before it is actually  published as any official release.

> sample. optional. using rel-design-pattern with sample as the mf-rel-value.
>
> --- by 'sample' do you mean 'clip' or 'download'? what if it isn't a
> SAMPLE, but a full download?

samples can be either clips or full versions.
clips may be of single tracks,
and samples may be one or more whole tracks from an album.

> acquire. optional. using rel-design-pattern with acquire as the mf-rel-value.
>
> --- there is aleady the 'enclosure' used for ATOM and Podcasts

the rel-acquire is a link to buy as you would find at the itunes store
for example. not usually a download file.

> image-summary. optional. using HTML and XHTML tag img.
>
> --- image-summary? why not re-use LOGO or PHOTO?

why not indeed, Logo makes more sense to me. though there may be an
argument that an album image is a visual summary of the album.

> genre. optional. text.
>
> --- genre sounds alot like TAGS or CATEGORIES to me? we should recycle
> terms in existing microformats

tags are categories I agree.

> >> Please provide as much feedback and criticism as possible. We'd like to
> get this moved into an official draft within the next week or two.
> Please post all comments to the list so that all may participate in
> finalizing the proposal.
>
> --- is there a reason you want to get this done in the next week or
> two? the process will take as long as the process takes. We need to
> take time and evaluate, itterate and test the strawman before it can
> be anything official.
>
> -brian

Martin McEvoy