[uf-new] First draft of hAudio proposal

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Wed May 2 02:58:14 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 20:57 -0500, Scott Reynen wrote:
> On May 1, 2007, at 7:49 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
>
> >> acquire. optional. using rel-design-pattern with acquire as the
> >> mf-rel-value.
> >>
> >> --- there is aleady the 'enclosure' used for ATOM and Podcasts
> >
> > Again, Martin is correct - enclosure is for direct links to files that
> > should be cached. Most of the examples never link directly to the
> > download, instead they link to some method of acquisition (usually a
> > buying or login process).
>
> If nothing else is changing here, I think rel values should be nouns,
> not verbs.  I think all of the existing rel values in microformats
> fit this pattern, and it's good to be able to say "this page and that
> page have a relationship of _____."

> > Because I'm the jerk that is going to persistently push the draft
> > forward :).
>
> Good reason.
>
> On May 1, 2007, at 7:51 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
>
> > Brian, Martin, Scott - if you don't like the method listed in the
> > proposal... please suggest a replacement and the rest of the community
> > can weigh in on the merits of each method.
>
> My current proposal is to keep grouping semantics specific to each
> individual microformat.  In this case, albums could be identified by
> something like class="album", audio tracks by something like
> class="audio-track", and parsers could simply recognize that albums
> are groups of tracks, just as hatom parsers recognize that feeds are
> groups of entries.  Of course, I still think hatom could cover most
> of the semantics of audio downloads.

Using D:C: terms
http://dublincore.org/groups/collections/collection-ap-summary/2007-03-09/

 <ol class="collection">
    <li>
    </li>
    <li>
    </li>
    <li>
    </li>
 </ol>

Manu first I would like to say that I understand what you are trying to
do with the "."  my example would be class="collection" the parent or
group, class="collection.Track_1" is my child or item,
class="collection.Track_2" is another child or item, It simpler and
"works" but I don't think it will be widely accepted, It goes against
the grain for me because it is machine data, hidden, not people data
visible and easy to style.