[uf-new] First draft of hAudio proposal

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Wed May 2 11:11:11 PDT 2007

On 5/2/07, James Craig <jcraig at apple.com> wrote:
> Frances Berriman wrote:
>
> > Martin McEvoy wrote:
> >>     <li>
> >> rel="acquire">Track_1</a>
> >>     </li>
> >
> > It'd be a bit lighter with the "item" on each li in this example,
> > eh?  :)
>
> What if you get rid of the spans altogether?
>
> <li class="item work-title">
> </li>

--- depending on the schema that is finalised i don't think this would
be valid. Many microformats make use of the fact that certain values
will be CHILDREN of others. So if you want to associate work-title
with a specific item, it needs to be a child of that item. Since we
have been having a long discussion about grouping and nesting, you
would need to make work-title a child of item as you did in your
following example.

> <li class="item">
> </li>

This would say that the ITEM has:
work-title: Track_1
acquire: http://link-to-download/1

The more times i see and type 'work-title' it reminds me of a
job-title. The title you have at work. As opposed to a 'work of art'.
I would prefer FN or SUMMARY personally.

Is there possibly a better name? what has the implied schema shown us
from the gathered research from the wild?

-brian

[1] - http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-examples

--
brian suda