[uf-new] First draft of hAudio proposal

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Wed May 2 18:40:55 PDT 2007

On May 2, 2007, at 5:22 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:

> Scott, why don't we allow verbs for rel-design-patterns?

Unless otherwise noted, I'm only speaking for myself on this list.
This is why I don't like verbs in rel:

The rel attribute is short for relationship, not action.  Verbs
describe actions.  Nouns describe relationships.  Most rel-
microformats follow this convention.  The one that doesn't has this
as the first open issue:

http://microformats.org/wiki/rel-nofollow#open_issues

"nofollow indicates a behavior rather than a relationship"

I'll retract my suggestion to change from a verb to a noun and
instead suggest changing from rel to class.  I think what we're
describing is a class of link, specifically the class that allows us
to acquire, not a relationship between two documents.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com