[uf-new] hAudio 'acquire' re-naming (Microformats should use nouns for properties)

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Tue May 8 17:00:02 PDT 2007

On May 8, 2007, at 3:55 PM, Andy Mabbett wrote:

> I can foresee problems.
> Suppose a publisher links to a third-party site, offering an audio
> track
> as a free sample (or vice versa). Later, that latter site decides to
> start charging for the track - how would the publisher know that their
> site is no longer correct?

They wouldn't without re-checking the links.  But the same is true of
every link on the web.  For example, I could link to a site about
salmon with the text "this is about fish" and then the linked content
can change to something about whales and I would look like I don't
realize that whales aren't fish.  I think the truthfulness of
assertions (e.g. "this is an audio file to download") over time is
irrelevant to determining the best markup for making such assertions.

Scott Reynen