[uf-new] renaming work-title to fn in hAudio (was: An argument against 'fn' in hAudio)

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Wed May 9 07:57:43 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 16:20 -0400, Manu Sporny wrote:
> Scott's argument was the final nail in the 'work-title' coffin. Work
> title has been changed to 'fn' and is reflected on the wiki:
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-proposal#Schema
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-proposal#Formatted_Name
>
> -- manu

So how are we going to mark up work-title, I always thought that this
term fitted quite nicely into the haudo proposal due to haudio's obvious
similarities to hcard the work part I understood this to be the
equivalent to type-work all haudio would come under the work
classification, and title as in Mr, Mrs, President, Prime Minister, of
course audio, art, video all have titles too.

fn is good for the artist but not their art? as you would have two fn
properties in one haudio.

maybe <span class="n given-name">the Artist</span>
and <span class="fn">My Art</span>

It works but I don't know if you can have more than one word values for
given-name.

we clearly need to distinguish the artist from his art in some way.

Thoughts ideas anyone?