[uf-new] XFN - Professionals Network microformat

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Fri May 11 04:48:33 PDT 2007

http://microformats.org/wiki/Special:Allpages

> I've since learnt that the IRC discussions are logged but I've not
> yet found a way to search them.

Google seems to work okay for this, e.g.:

http://www.google.com/search?q=site:http://rbach.priv.at/Microformats-
IRC/%20hcard

> Again, the process hinders this. One can stare the obvious
> convergent solution in the face for a great deal of time, but will
> have to wait until real world examples of that solution are
> available before they can properly get through the process rather
> than just being a side-note lost in time.

This is a common misunderstanding, and I recently added it to the FAQ:

http://microformats.org/wiki/faq#Q._What_if_I_can.27t_find_real-
world_examples_of_a_standard_I.27d_like_to_propose.3F

We need to find real world examples of the *problem*, not necessarily
the solution.  If we can't find examples of the problem, that's often
a good indication that it's not a widespread problem, so not a good
candidate for a widespread solution.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com