[uf-new] XFN - Professionals Network microformat

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Fri May 11 04:48:33 PDT 2007

On May 10, 2007, at 7:08 PM, Guy Fraser wrote:

> Heh, don't even get me started on the process :p As for media wiki,
> I must simply be missing some key bit of navigation - is there
> actually an index to all pages or a site map somewhere that lists
> *all* pages? The only way I could find things that weren't directly
> linked from some other page I could find was to use the (almost
> unbelievable) "Random Page" link?! :)

> I've since learnt that the IRC discussions are logged but I've not
> yet found a way to search them.

Google seems to work okay for this, e.g.:

> Again, the process hinders this. One can stare the obvious
> convergent solution in the face for a great deal of time, but will
> have to wait until real world examples of that solution are
> available before they can properly get through the process rather
> than just being a side-note lost in time.

This is a common misunderstanding, and I recently added it to the FAQ:

We need to find real world examples of the *problem*, not necessarily
the solution.  If we can't find examples of the problem, that's often
a good indication that it's not a widespread problem, so not a good
candidate for a widespread solution.

Scott Reynen