[uf-new] Proposed Microformats: hRebuttal, hEvidence, hSource, hConclusion and hArgument

Colin Barrett timber at lava.net
Thu May 24 10:51:20 PDT 2007

On May 24, 2007, at 10:21 AM, Costello, Roger L. wrote:

> USE CASES
>
> Arguments, rebuttals, identifying sources, stating conclusions are
> ubiquitous on the web.  It's hard to find a web page or blog or wiki
> article or listsrv message that doesn't contain at least one part of
> an
> argument.  Here are the web pages I referenced in the examples above:

I don't really see a similar type of markup to what you're proposing
being applied on any of those pages. Microformats are about paving the
cowpaths, and solving real problems.

it seems people are perfectly content to use the semantic information
built into English to denote parts of an argument, rather than marking
things up with HTML.

-Colin