[uf-new] Revisiting grouping problem solution proposal: hset

Chris Griego cgriego at gmail.com
Thu May 24 11:38:49 PDT 2007

I absolutely agree with Brian's sentiment here that the optional
container class names that exist today have very different semantics.
That's why I maintained them in my proposed option[1] while also
trying to avoid the need for any form of namespacing or notation, dot
or otherwise, in the class attribute.

Replacing the existing container class names are a non-problem, but I
recognize that sparse grouping is a problem, which is why I see hSet's
role more as an alternative to the include-pattern, which is a useful
solution (that uses the ID attribute) in many situations, but clunky
at best when dealing with sparse grouping. Case in point is that
Martin's rev-based option is reinvention of the include-pattern with
all of the same clunkiness.

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/grouping-brainstorming#Option_7:_id-class_grouping

--
Chris Griego