[uf-new] hSet survey findings and future direction

Colin Barrett timber at lava.net
Wed May 30 15:42:50 PDT 2007

On May 30, 2007, at 3:04 PM, Martin McEvoy wrote:

> "only 7 people that filled out the survey" wow so clearly not many
> people think that grouping is a problem? but lets press on anyway ...

I really agree with this -- I don't particularly think grouping is a
huge problem here, and I don't think tackling this "up front" without
a whole ton of prior art is a good idea.

Why not develop hAudio (for example) further, and let whatever set
notation or grouping convention that gets created there bake for a
while and have other formats adapt and adopt that. That sort of thing
seems more inline with how the Microformats process works.

I've seen these hSet discussions go on and on and on. It seems that
this topic has really been beaten into the group. Maybe moving on and
doing something else would be a good idea anyway, and give us al some
breathing room.

-Colin