[uf-new] [hAudio] fn _or_ album

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Sat Nov 3 17:54:23 PST 2007

Regarding the ‘fn and/or album’ pattern in hAudio. I'm not convinced
this is a good pattern, and it behaves differently to the existing
pattern in hCard.

Currently, you can produce hAudio with an 'fn', or with an 'album' or
with both. However, when compared to hCard — say the 'fn' and 'org'
fields, where organisation name is often also the fn — hCard takes a
more verbose, and in my opinion more consistent and understandable
pattern.

So in hAudio:

in hCard:

In both hAudio and hCard there is always a formatted name. hCard sets
a more verbose and easier to follow precedent of always including
‘fn’ — not optimising ‘fn’ from ‘org’ or anything more complex.

I think hAudio would be clearer to adopt the same pattern, so the
second (album) snippet would become:

Ben