[uf-new] Re: hTurtle: A GRDDL-Compatible Microformat for Turtle-in-HTML

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Sun Nov 4 14:18:12 PST 2007

On Nov 4, 2007, at 2:41 PM, Sean B. Palmer wrote:

>> 1. Invisible data.  The data in comments is invisible.
>
> It's not invisible to the XML Infoset, or the DOM, or SAX parsers, or
> XSLT, or regular expressions, or so on, which is how hTurtle is able
> to meet its requirements.

No, it's invisible to people, and focusing on data that's *visible* to
people is a (maybe *the*) distinguishing characteristic of
microformats.  That's what people in this community mean when we say
"microformat," so coming here and using that term meaning something
completely different is like going to China and speaking to everyone
in English.  There's little to be gained from this, and much to be lost.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com