[uf-new] [hAudio] fn _or_ album

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Mon Nov 5 14:18:15 PST 2007

Martin McEvoy wrote:
> so why not call it hRecording and have done with it?

Because video is a type of recording too... What is hRecording? A video
recording or an audio recording?

> hAlbum is
> redundant, too specific, so is hAudio I think? but its too late for that
> now...

It's not that it is too late for that... hRecording just doesn't make
sense for what we're talking about. You could argue that we could name it:

hVideoRecording and hAudioRecording...

but then someone would make the argument that the recording part is
redundant between the two microformat names... which means we end up
with hVideo and hAudio using that line of reasoning as well.

This thread is going a bit off track... we are talking about FN and ALBUM.

Is everyone comfortable with the idea that hAudio is about audio
recordings?

-- manu

PS: What Scott said is also very accurate... and I agree with him 100%.