[uf-new] Internet radio and TV

Frances Berriman fberriman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 08:53:32 PDT 2007

On 25/09/2007, Chris Newell <chris.newell at rd.bbc.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm interested in exploring how Internet radio and TV stations could be defined semantically.
>
> As hAudio appears targeted at individual recordings and collections of content I'm not sure it would be beneficial to the development process, or to the end-users, to add additional complexity in order to support Internet radio.
>
> Looking at the station listings out there on the web, there doesn't appear to be much difference between the metadata provided for radio and TV stations but there is a lot in common e.g. streams are often available at different bitrates or using different codecs.
>
> Does anyone else have an interest or thoughts in this area?
>
> Chris

It's an interesting concept and worth exploring and I see there's some
stuff up on the wiki about it that you've started.  Might be
worthwhile to see how much can be done with a mixture of the audio
work, hAtom (for syndication) and hCalendar (for scheduling - time of
air if it is time sensitive/limited broadcast)?

--
Frances Berriman
http://fberriman.com