[uf-new] hAudio v0.7 released

Julian Stahnke julian at julianstahnke.com
Thu Oct 4 15:58:10 PDT 2007

I’d like to point out that the currently proposed spec (http://
microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-proposal#Complete_Album_Examplet) of
nesting an haudio element in a track element to mark up albums is
incompatible with using tables for the track listings. In a table,
you only have one element per track that wraps all the information
(the table row). So both track and haudio would need to be the same
element.

I don’t know if the current proposed mark-up is the way it is
(nesting an haudio element inside another element ‘track’) to clarify
the relationship of the elements, or if this is actually the proposed
solution in a strict sense. If the latter is the case, a lot of the
sites provided as example mark-up would actually be incompatible with
the proposed solution as they all use tables and would therefore be
unable to nest the elements as specified. This would be unacceptable
because I think a lot of people (as you can see, again, on the sites
provided as examples) would agree that using a table is a valid way
of marking up a track listing.

(Of course, one could just put another whole table with the class
‘haudio’ *inside* the table row with the class ‘track’, but why
anyone would want to do this is beyond me.