[uf-new] hAudio/table incompatibility

Julian Stahnke julian at julianstahnke.com
Fri Oct 5 01:44:26 PDT 2007

> PROPOSAL:
>
> TRACK can be either plain text or marked up using HAUDIO.
>
> This approach would make the following markup valid:

I love this!

> It shouldn't work differently from hCalendar, and I agree again. We
> should bring hAudio more in line with hCalendar. Do the following two
> examples work for everybody?
>
> This would be valid:

> and so would this:

Again, I think this would be great. Big music sites like Last.fm
would have no problem to implement all those nested vcard etc. in
most cases, even though they may sometimes be a bit heavyweight.
‘Regular’ people like bloggers who just want to write about music and
mark it up accordingly would have a hard time understanding all that
though, I think. (At least that’s my impression talking to people.)
So this simpler proposal makes perfect sense to me.

One element per property and you just wrap the whole thing in an
haudio element. That’s easy to explain and still covers the very
basic information one would want to have. And if you want to have
more details, you still can. I think that would be cool.