[uf-new] item property (was: hAudio: audio-title/album-title vs. recording/album)

Julian Stahnke julian at julianstahnke.com
Sun Oct 14 11:45:20 PDT 2007

>> A container for another hAudio item. Used in conjunction with
>> album-title.
>>
>>  [snip]
>>       * hAudio MAY have one or more tracks, but MUST have album-title
>>         defined. If album-title is not defined, track cannot be
>> defined.
>
> Sorry to be jumping in late here, but I'm afraid this poses a
> problem with self-titled albums, of which there are many in
> existence.  Unless the implementer is forced to input "S/T" or
> "self-titled" as album-name, which is still incorrect because
> that's not what the creator has named the album, the model fails.

I don’t think you can make album-title mandatory. Unless you can tell
me what album Martin Luther King’s ‘I have a dream’ speech is on ;)

There are far too many mentions of tracks which include only artist
name and track name to require album-title, in my opinion. Take a
look at music blogs, for example.

You should definitely not need to mention an album as it may be
inconvenient, the track may not have an album yet or is not a music
track but a speech or something hence not having an album at all.