[uf-new] item property (was: hAudio: audio-title/album-title vs. recording/album)

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Sun Oct 14 11:47:45 PDT 2007

Justin Maxwell wrote:
> On Oct 14, 2007, at 11:12 AM, Martin McEvoy wrote:
>
>> A container for another hAudio item. Used in conjunction with
>> album-title.
>>
>>  [snip]
>>       * hAudio MAY have one or more tracks, but MUST have album-title
>>         defined. If album-title is not defined, track cannot be defined.
>
> Sorry to be jumping in late here, but I'm afraid this poses a problem
> with self-titled albums, of which there are many in existence.  Unless
> the implementer is forced to input "S/T" or "self-titled" as album-name,
> which is still incorrect because that's not what the creator has named
> the album, the model fails.

I don't think it does, Justin... let me know if this mark-up doesn't
work. The example album is Celldweller:

http://www.bitmunk.com/view/media/6068744

This album is a self-titled release by Celldweller.

 just released their first self-titled album.

You can mention tracks for self-titled albums fairly easily with the
newest set of proposals:

 just released their first self-titled album. You might have heard the
 first song on the album, <span class="track">Switchback</span>. Another
 good song is <span class="track">Symbiont</span>.

Is that what you were concerned about?