[uf-new] Another problem statement for a Receipt Microformat

Chris Roos chrisjroos at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 00:22:44 PDT 2007

I've just been looking at a receipt page where the retailer has some
of the receipt data repeated ten times.  This is to satisfy the nine
different providers they work with (each one uses javascript to
redefine the receipt data) and to display it to the user.  It seems to
me that a receipt microformat could (assuming those providers were to
get on board) reduce this duplication.

I wrote about this in a little more detail on my blog[1].

Does this seem like a valid problem to want to solve?  If so, what
should I do next (add stuff to the wiki)?

Cheers,

Chris

[1]  http://blog.seagul.co.uk/articles/2007/10/19/a-common-pattern-in-retailers-receipt-pages-and-a-microformat-solution