[uf-new] an equation/MathML/TeX microformat?

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Thu Oct 25 15:11:28 PDT 2007

On Oct 25, 2007, at 10:23 AM, Paul Topping wrote:

> I'm trying to determine whether microformats is the right venue for
> developing a standard math representation within HTML.

> Thoughts? Is microformats the right place for this kind of thing?

I don't know enough about math publishing to answer that question,
but I would encourage you to try to answer it for yourself by
familiarizing yourself with microformats.  This is the first step of
the microformats process:

That experience should give you a useful basis with which to evaluate
the potential for a math microformat.  You may already be aware of
the ongoing discussion of including MathML in HTML 5, but if not,
that's another avenue you may want to explore.

Scott Reynen