[uf-new] hAudio ITEM debate proposal #3

paul_wilkins at xtra.co.nz paul_wilkins at xtra.co.nz
Mon Oct 29 11:08:41 PST 2007

From: Manu Sporny <msporny at digitalbazaar.com>
> > Have issues with table layouts for existing audio examples
> > been thought through?
>
> Yes, tables are important as that is the primary way the music services
> describe audio albums. Here's how you would use hAudio in a table:

<snip example>

Thanks Manu that was very helpful.

What I eventually hope to see will be code examples of how sites are currently marking up their music - such as from http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-examples - and how the hAudio microformat can be best fully applied to these examples.

Some of them will be trivial, and others will duplicate others, so those don't all need to have examples for each of them, but the rest would be very useful.

When someone wants to use a microformat, it can be a lot of work to go through the specs and mentally convert the intention into real code, but if real-world examples existed they could go through them and find something that's very similar to the existing usage they're facing at that time.

It could be very instructive to have a wide range of non-simple examples that demonstrate how to apply it to real-world situations.
This may also help to discover any issues that may require working through.

--
Paul Wilkins