[uf-new] hAudio case study

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Fri Sep 7 16:40:28 PDT 2007

On 9/7/07 1:42 PM, "Manu Sporny" <msporny at digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> Here's some weekend reading for those that are interested. :)
>
> We've documented our experience with the Microformats community, the W3C
> RDFa task force, the Microformat creation process, and the current
> status of hAudio in a case study:
>
> http://wiki.digitalbazaar.com/en/haudio-case-study

Manu, that's an exceptionally thorough write-up.

I've captured the issues you noted (or at least a pointer to them) here:

http://microformats.org/wiki/process-issues

While I may not necessarily agree with all the issues/points you raise, I
want to thank you for your frank feedback, and I'm hoping that open
documentation and resolution of such issues itself addresses at least some
of your issues (if not most or all).

> I'd be interested to hear feedback and suggestions as this case study
> will probably be incorporated/linked-to in a W3C document (the RDFa
> Primer, most likely) at some point in the near future.

The biggest feedback I have is that there are several assertions (such as
about being "scope-less" etc.) that I think are faulty due to no fault or at
least intent of yours, but rather due to implicit assumptions, and that
rather than stating such assertions as fact, it may be better to state them
as questions to be explored.

Regarding the community-related issues specifically, expect some
particularly swift movement on that front in the next few weeks.

Thanks,

Tantek