[uf-new] Finishing Currency

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Fri Sep 28 10:08:41 PDT 2007

In message <46FD2CBE.9070801 at brixlogic.com>, Guillaume Lebleu
<gl at brixlogic.com> writes

>Andy Mabbett wrote:
>> My preference would be to use the previously-described
>> "[[title-trigger]] solution:

>>            10 cents
>>
>> In the latter, the rule for the title is that it MUST contain only an
>> ISO 4217 currency code and a numeric value, (in either order) separated
>> by a space.
>>

>Another solution, conceptually, would be to use the ideas used in XBRL,
>and markup on a separate page/footnote/legend the definition "1 cent is
>1/100th of a US dollar", and then refer to that definition using the
>include pattern from the page containing the "10 cents" content (I
>haven't figured the XHTML yet, though).

Can you provide examples of people publishing such a legend, alongside
prices and other such monetary amounts?

Of the two models, which do you think would be easier, for publishers?

Which do you think would be more efficient - +/- 1 million publishers
make that statement, including it in the code  of, say, 100 parsers?

--
Andy Mabbett