[uf-new] Musician hCards (Was: hAudio ISSUE #8: hAlbum is redundant)

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Fri Sep 28 14:59:35 PDT 2007

On Sep 28, 2007, at 2:20 PM, Julian Stahnke wrote:

> Secondly, is there any means of marking up *just* an artist? I
> guess that might be out of the scope of the haudio microformat, but
> it would be quite important to have this possibility. There
> certainly are pages out there who only mention an artist without
> naming any specific tracks, and the role property of hCard seems
> not very suitable for that task as very few people would write—in a
> blog post, for example—‘the artist so-and-so’.
>
> I’m sorry if the second thing doesn’t belong in this thread, I’ve
> never before used a mailing list. Should I open a separate issue
> for this?

When you recognize something is out of scope for a given thread, yes,
you should open a separate thread.

I mark up musician hCards with class="band vcard", e.g.:

http://playinghere.com/band/tylerjames/

You should start with semantic HTML (whether or not it matches what
I've done).  Then if you then see value in standardizing your
semantic HTML among multiple publishers (with a microformat or
otherwise), this publishing experience will serve as a useful guide.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com