[uf-new] Recipe status

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Sat Apr 26 09:58:33 PDT 2008

On Apr 26, 2008, at 10:02 AM, Thomas Yde wrote:
> Toby A Inkster wrote:
>
>> So, as amendments to Thomas' proposal, I'd like to see:
>>
>> 	* Replace class="title" with class="entry-title"
>> 	* Replace class="summary" with class="entry-summary"
>> 	* Replace class="dtpublished" with class="published"
>
> There might be an issue here:
>
> What if I want to make an hAtom entry containing a recipe with a
> different title and summay, e.g.;

> 	<h1 class="entry-title">Blog post title</h1>
> 		<h2 class="entry-title">Recipe title</h2>
>
> How would an hAtom agent handle this?

This is why we need mfo [1].  What typically happens when we see a
problem like this is we use sub-optimal markup to avoid the problem
before it actually occurs in real-world publishing.  I think this is a
mistake.  Instead, I suggest we use markup that makes sense, and
address this kind of parsing problem if/when it actually comes up in
practice, e.g. by applying mfo in parsers.

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/mfo

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com