[uf-new] Recipe status

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Mon Apr 28 05:01:58 PDT 2008

Derrick Lyndon Pallas wrote:
> Wow! I didn't expect to hear about mfo again until September. Maybe its
> time has come! A real-world parser: ~D

I hadn't heard of mfo, but the use case,

"E.g. you might put a <span class="vcard mfo"> deep inside a <span
class="vevent">, and not want the categories/tags of the hCard
accidentally parsed into the hCalendar event."

...is pretty well motivated from an RDFy/SemWeb perspective, since we're
all about mixing vocabs. The mfo sketch suggests progress towards having
it be clearer which entity some properties are being attached to,
without each parser needing hardcoded knowledge of each and every
vocabulary. Cool stuff!

cheers,

dan